Tuesday, August 20, 2013

August 19, 2013 - Letter Home

Dear People of Not my Mission,

Loved all the little note-card letters I received, especially the one from Grandma Nielson!  Hang in there, love you!  I was also reminded of the problem that I am not in contact with Allison!  This needs fixing.

But! There seems to be a bizarre misunderstanding as people congratulated me for a baptism.  I have not baptized anyone.  I just set a date with a guy.  Other than that, most of you were asking about the food.

After last night, I now have something somewhat odd, but not too crazy.  Here in the South, you have some chili (which they have with Frito's, cheese and bacon, by the way) and you have some cinnamon rolls.  You dip the cinnamon rolls, in the chili, and eat it.  I report to you that it was pretty good.  Nothing spectacular in any fashion.  If you like sweet with your spicy, then go for it.  If not...Well, you have good chili and cinnamon rolls.  You can't loose!  The Chili was delicious and she sent us home with some.  There was much rejoicing.

The baptism for M**** is set for the end of this month.

Our pool of new investigators is looking like it will be swelling this next week, as we are about to embark once more on the fabulous Ride of Bike Week!  As I always tell my companion, "There is no greater Glory than Bike Week." ......He disagrees.

Due to car and bike there isn't that much attacking my shoes, they're holding up great.  I've gotten one blister but after a day with moleskin on it, it vanished.  It developed when I was on an exchange with Elder Armstrong during their bike week and I discovered Elder Amrstorng doesn't believe in bikes.

Our Branch is small and dying (Literally dying.  Lots of old people put in blindfolds and left in a field of buckets) but has loads of cool members!  One morning we played basketball with Brother G**** (works with greeting cards) and Brother L**** (helicopter pilot) at the church.  The Church we are in isn't that big, but it is its own building.

I got my pen and planner ran over earlier.  We were driving through a neighborhood and stopped when we saw a guy doing yard work, pruining and raking and what-have-you.  We stopped him and asked if he needed help.
"For free?"
"Yup."
"Well shoot!  Let me grab you guys some water."
We helped him rake up and put what he had cut into bags.  Hope we could make an investigator out of him, but it was good to help him regardless.

The weather this past week has been heaven-sent.  Stellar.  One of the days I thought I was in Utah with how dry it was.

The work progresses and hopefully so will I.
-Elder North

He continues to sound like he is doing well.  No pictures from him yet.  :(  Hopefully soon.  Write him!

No comments:

Post a Comment