Monday, February 10, 2014

February 10, 2014 - Letter home from Elder Bryen North

Elder North eating a goodbye cupcake
Date:  February 10, 2014
Area:  West Memmphis, Arkansas
Companion:  Elder Freddette


Dear Stationary Recipients,

I am now officially a moving target.  I will be transferred Wednesday!  Now, I have to pack!  They don't tell us where we're going until as late as possible.  So I will not know until right before I am shipped there.

It did snow this week but melted within a couple of hours.  Gone by the time we were out of the house.

I have yet to find my camera, please pray for it.  It is a lost little guy.  In the meantime I'll try and have Elder Talbert give me some pictures he has of me or send you some.

I've recently gone over scriptures denoting the necessity of Christ's church.  There is a man we meet with and he is pretty set against religion.  He believes in the Bible though, so hopefully we can help him read and understand how the Bible supports church but he also doesn't have much belief in feelings received from prayer.

I don't....think I got mail this week, I don't think either of us did.  Hmm.

We met with J**** W**** and G**** J**** this week.  We ate at the The G**** who ave us cool chicken wrapped in bread and this gravy stuff.

I'm a little cut short for time this week, the library internet was down and there's an appointment with Cornelius.

Feral cats have infested the apartment complex and that is annoying.

I've found it's easy to serve, its hard to keep diligent.

Last few days in West Memmphis
The commitments are easy to make and the pattern is simple.  Staying on top of it is what gets you.  Those preparing for a mission be sure to exercise much self control.

See you all soon!
- Elder North


Elder Bryen North
Arkansas Little Rock Mission
905 Kierre Drive
North Little Rock, Arkansas 72116 

No comments:

Post a Comment