Monday, October 20, 2014

Letter home from Elder North

Date:  October 20, 2014
Area:  Oxford, Mississippi
Companion:  Elder Despain

Dear Pitchers,

Thanks to the family for the GIANT card.  There was also a package of gum and slim jims.  What a combo.  The new shoes arrived and are fantastic.  I'm certain everything will last.  Granted, I thought that when I started...

I am getting transferred!  I will be leaving Wednesday and on my way to my new area around three.

The only major unfinished business here will be Rachel Cooper, but Elder Despain is a diligent guy and will be sure to do all he can.  I hope he gets a very sensible companion.  On Sunday we had a huge and fantastic lesson with Brother Hall and Rachel.  I think it went really well.  We talked about the pattern of apostasy and the need for each individual to work out their own salvation.

A knowledge of the gospel is a big deal and sometimes we think of it somewhat lightly.  Remember to study and seek the truth.  I stand by the testimony that put me out on a mission for two years.  This is Christ's restored church and the invitation to join is extended to all.

- Elder North

No comments:

Post a Comment