Thursday, April 9, 2015

Letter Home from Elder North

Sara Gates and kids with Elder North
Date:  April 6, 2015
Area:  Morrilton, Arkansas
Companion:  Elder Barker

Dear Maple Leaves,

This was an excellent Conference, for sure! We got a lot of fantastic talks. I particularly enjoyed Wilford W. Anderson's analogy of the gospel and joy in the gospel being compared to dance and music.

Conference is always an enormous reminder to me of the obvious and necessary role of the priesthood and apostles in Christ's Church. At no point did he rescind his mandates on how the Church is to be organized. Recognizing this and following the counsel to know them by their fruits makes 

They gave me the official call Sunday morning that I was being transferred! We knew pretty well ahead of time though since Elder Barker got a call informing him that he would be training. I will be moving what will be even more likely to be my last area. It is possible it won't be, but unlikely. I did not have a whole ton of time in Morrilton but it was good and I met a lot of good people. There is a pretty solid Ward here and I hope they can continue to grow.

Elder Barker got his Easter Package from home so I mooched some of those candy-coated cadbury eggs to celebrate the occasion. We spent Sunday conference at the Peterson home, they fed us Chicken Spaghetti and I preformed some Magic Tricks.

I've pretty much already said goodbye to people here, Anna, Austin and Sister Gates in particular. On to the next area!

-Elder North

No comments:

Post a Comment