Monday, November 4, 2013

November 4, 2013 - Letter Home

Dear Characters of a Different Story,

Halloween isn't addressed formally by the mission, but it's pretty obviously a terrible night for missionary work.  We spent some time with the Wall's family, they had a casual party for the occasion.

Grandma Rita and Grandpa Terry!  Sincere salutations from Bishop and Sister Longshore!  Cue the "It's a Small World" music.

The lady who sent me the picture of Elder North this past week use to be in my Mother and Father-in-law's ward here in Utah.

I recall receiving a letter from Grandma Mary, I apologize when I fail to remember.  I suppose I should bring them with me when I e-mail to remind me.

The most surprising thing about serving a mission I have found is.  I always assumed that people simply were not aware that smoking and drinking were actual sins, and only knew it was unhealthy but just kept the habit. Seems like most everyone kind of feels that it is wrong because when they recognize us as 'church people' they tuck away their cigarettes and drink and act guilty.

We live in an apartment next to a field.  The area is mostly suburban.  We shop at Wal-Mart and try to use coupons.

Elder Anderson goes home on like the 18th so this will be my last transfer with him.

Little choked for time but I appreciate the ridiculously excessive amount of time you all take to write me or read my mail home.

That is his way of saying he LOVES us too!

- Elder North

No comments:

Post a Comment