Monday, November 10, 2014

Letter Home from Elder North

Date:  November 10, 2014
Area:  Bartlett, Tennessee
Companion:  Elder Rushton
 
Dear Irons,
 
To answer some questions; I am in the Lakeland Ward, and it's a typical Ward size for out here. Filling the pews but not packed in.  Our Ward Mission Leader is Brother...Marineu(spelling?). He's great! We meet with him after church every Sunday and he's pretty ready and willing to be involved.  I believe our ward just covers Lakeland and we share the building with the Arlington Ward.  It takes 15 minutes by car to go to church and the Burns take us each week.
Strangest thing this transfer? Met an odd fellow named Jimmy who seemed to blow a bit more boastful smoke than I think even he realizes but honestly he was nothing compared to what West Memphis and Kennett were pretty much daily. Lakeland is a sort of middle ground of sensibility between those two areas and Oxford.
They had me introduce myself and bear my testimony, that's all. And all there ought to be. Don't go bringing down the Talk Pox upon me! Such is not to be wished upon even our most loathesome enemies, so I would much desire you not to invoke it on me!
 
Yes we do have a washer and dryer in this place too.
We've had no investigators to church yet since I have been here, but we do have a solid couple as investigators. Arin and her husband, so you are likely to hear about them more in the future.
 
-Elder North

No comments:

Post a Comment