Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Letter home from Elder North

Date:  May 25, 2015
Area:  Arlington, Tennessee
Companion:  Elder Bunderson

Dear Cemeteries,

I am serving in Arlington 2, very close to the Lakeland area I served in before. A very interesting thing that happened this week was we had dinner with The Garret family, and Chad Garret was one of Grandpa Terry's Boy scouts! He shared with us how Grandpa would circumvent a Merit badge requirement he considered dangerous. He found the Whole 'air pants balloon' thing for the swimming merit badge to be too dangerous too often and instead would follow the instructions to the letter in such a way that they would not have to do it normally.

Biggest surprise on my Mission? How shockingly slow so many people are, Christian people, to pray. It is the crux of our teaching as everything hinges on the spirit teaching them the truth of the gospel and if they don't pray it's a tough thing for them to find out!

I've become pretty accustomed to talking to new people, the advice Dad gave me before I left helps. People expect missionaries to talk to them and talk to them about their church. No reason not to fulfill their expectation! Act our part and do what we can.

I had served around my new companion before back in Kennett, his name is Elder Bunderson.



Our address is
9345 Triumph Circle
Lakeland TN, 38002 Apartment #203

-Elder North

No comments:

Post a Comment