Monday, July 22, 2013

July 22, 2013 Letter from Elder North



Dear Friends and Family,                                                                              July 22, 2013

How ya'll doin'? I've been out in the mission field for less than a week and I'm doing mighty fine, I say mighty fine. I am in the Memphis West Area, right on the border of the Mississippi. Church was great this Sunday, the branch here is wonderful.

I was able to get to the store and buy sheets and a blanket.  I went with purple sheets and large grey blanket.

My companions name is Elder Anderson and he’s fine.  The housing is comfortable and spacious.  President Peterson and his wife are good people and the mission home is big. 

I spend my days proselyting and praying.  Lots of praying.  My days have been full.

My first lesson on my very first day was with a guy named Aaron. He had a gun in a tire swing and in the course of the lesson pulled another gun from his pocket. He's a smart guy though, to be sure. Knows his Bible pretty well.

We have four Baptisms lined up as of now, I'm expecting at least two of them to go through.
My Companion is an agreeable fellow, Elder Anderson. He's got spiky blonde hair and thick glasses. When happy he gives an excited, elongated and high-pitched 'yeah!' When upset he gives a similar sounding 'dang it!' He has done a great deal of training throughout his mission.

Chiggers were built up a great deal before my mission...they really aren't a big deal. Ticks still sound pretty bad, but not THAT bad. I'm more scared of the wasps and bees. A large, skinny black wasp bit or stung Elder Anderson right on the cheek yesterday. He isn't dead yet, so we don't think it was poisonous.

We do emails in their teeny tiny library. It's...not very big.

There are trees everywhere, it's cool. Interesting that you actually get less horizon than when there are actual mountains around.

-Elder North

I asked him how many people he freaked out on his travels by staring at their babies or trying to play with them.  He said all of them.  J  He hasn’t told us about his bike yet. 
They have provided us with his direct address if you would like to send him mail I am sure he would appreciate it.

Elder Bryen Nielsen North
606 Rainer #10
West Memphis, AR 72301

No comments:

Post a Comment