Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013 - Letter Home

Dear Enclave of Missionary Letter Readers,

K*** V*** J**** J***. was successfully baptized. He is 23 and fully paralyzed. I, Elder Anderson and Branch President Soto got in the water, Soto performed it and we all lowered him. It was my job to cover his mouth and nose. He had a big grin on his face coming out of the water. It was a good experience that seems to have had very positive effects on a lot of people.

Elder Anderson was aghast a few days ago when FIVE POUNDS of Laffy Taffy landed on his lap courtesy of my Mother. 

After my greenie package to Bryen he told me that I needed to send more laffy taffy to

his companion.  I didn't get right on it and again the next week he asked me to send his companion some candy.  So I got on it and sent a package with laffy taffy, a big summer sausage, an SD card with a self addressed stamped envelope for him to send back his full SD card (hopefully this will work people, I really want pictures), and a copy of his Patriarchal Blessing.  

For all those who wish to know what a patriarchal blessing is.  Here is some info.

Zone Conference was a fine experience, I'd like to share something another missionary said on finding.
"When I go knock on a door, often times, the person who answers it isn't the one I'm there to talk to."
We learned about how we should always ask for referrals and look for people to teach beyond the ones right in front of us.

We always say in Utah there's a church on every corner. It holds true here, except all the churches are different. I may have already said that, but I bring it up because we found one with probably the funniest name.

Powerhouse Holiness Deliverance Temple

Brilliant is what that is. 

The weather is getting colder, so it's difficult weather to discern if my decrease in mosquito bites is due to treatments or just them all dying. I've been trying the garlic pills and they seem to be working, but like I said, hard to tell.

The next Transfer is fast approaching and it appears my time with Elder Anderson will soon be at an end. From what we can tell, I will be taking over the Area as he goes to be a Zone Leader. Pray for whatever missionary is sent to me.

-Elder North

Transfers are on October 9th a couple of days before his birthday.  So if you would like to send him something for his birthday it would probably be good to get it to him before October 9th.  It sounds like he thinks he is going to stay there but you never know.  If he moves then it will have to get forwarded on to him and it will take longer for him to get it.

He is really interested in more music.  He can listen to the music that is sold at Deseret Book.

Other than that gift cards are always good.  Walmart, Wendy's, Subway type things or just visa type gift cards he can use anyplace.

A simple card letting him know your thinking about him would be perfect all on its own.

Thanks for your love and support of our boy!

Elder Bryen North
Arkansas Little Rock Mission
606 Rainer #10
West Memphis, AR 72301

No comments:

Post a Comment