Monday, December 23, 2013

December 23, 2013 - Letter Home from Elder Bryen North

Date:  December 23, 2013
Location:  West Memphis, Arkansas
Companion:  Elder Morgan

Dear Christmas Elves,

I have received one package form home containing gifts and the previous one from earlier this month from the ward.  I also got a card form my favorite Great Grandma!  I appreciate it immensely, seeing that she signed it even!  Give her all the love from me.  All of it.  I also received a card from Grandma Pam and Grandpa Geoff.  I got e-mails from my little sisters!  Thank you all so very much!

One of his packages didn't get delivered.  I called on it today and it sounds like it is suppose to be delivered sometime today.  It was the less important one at least.  

We went to Christmas Zone Conference and watched Ephraim's Rescue (very good, if you have yet to see it, I recommend it).  Zone Conference are when the Mission President and Assistants speak to us on things and they're fun and great learning experiences.

The next day we did service running toys for Toys for Tots.  That was excellent.

Truly those two things seemed to dominate the week.  It felt pretty short.  We saw the Anderson's last night and she built homemade peppermint patties!  You use mashed potatoes to make them.  I suggest you try it.

Merry Christmas to all and remember the words of President Monson.  "Giving, not getting" is whee true joy is found.  Toys are fun and gifts are great, but that's not why we celebrate.  The season here is meant for those near to receive your love for them, loud and clear.

- Elder North

I got a call from a ward member on Saturday evening saying, not sure if you have heard about the weather here but wanted you to know your missionary is fine.  I hadn't hear but apparently they were having some severe weather.  I got to hear Bryen laugh in the background which is always cool.  I have attached the article if your interested in reading it.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=21299973&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

We get to talk to Bryen on Skype for Christmas so we are really excited about seeing and talking to him.  It will be a crazy busy day with opening gifts with the kids at home, then talking to our three missionaries, and then having everyone over for Christmas dinner.  We are excited about it all.

Didn't get any pictures of him this week from anyone, so hopefully we will get some from Christmas from someone.  :)

Thank you for your love and support of Elder Bryen North.

Elder Bryen North
Arkansas Little Rock Mission
606 Rainer #10
West Memphis, AR 72301

No comments:

Post a Comment