Monday, May 5, 2014

Letter Home from Elder Bryen North - May 5, 2014


Date:  May 5, 2014
Area:  Kennett, Missouri
Companion:  Elder Mantangi


Dear Fams,

I suspect I will be able to call home for mother's day after church, but I am having a hard time pinning down the exact course of action I'll be able to take. 

Bunderson and Matangi are leaving, and now Sleet and I are left in the area. We got here at the same time. The two Elders running the show are now out of here. This makes it harder to be sure how things will work out since we have no idea who our new companions will be. We may try after church our time but if that doesn't work out we could try for later that evening.

Our last full week was fine and we got some delicious hawaiian ham and bacon sandwiches from Sister Jackson, after that we had steaks with the Locketts. Wonderful day yesterday. The Blytheville Elders had recently reactivated a great family and we are hoping they continue to stay active, they seem pretty excited to return to church!

Sunday was the big day all around, some teachers were missing so Elder Matangi and I taught the youth. This included the kids from the reactivated family and they were stand-offish but I liked them.

I'll get a picture of my new companion out hopefully on Wednesday!

-Elder North

No comments:

Post a Comment